5/14/2010

today was hard

today was real hard. i’ve been the presence of stability and support lately but this morning my callouses crippled my grip and the sweat and tears washed away my game face. i finally had my time to be real and give up the fight a bit. i got worked.
love sick. nostalgic. tired. lonely. it all came to the surface today as i struggled to carry the weight of the soil, the weight of their emotions, the weight of my own swelled heart up and over that big ass hill. the wheelborrow broke. we both did.
a few sad songs and a good memory are all it takes sometimes and some time, that's all it takes to get over i thought. the ones that stick aren't meant for memories. those are the ones that become you, take over your dreams, shape your favorites and form your new old habits.
today was hard but yesterday was harder having to pretend. this heavy chest and tired body lay to rest. tomorrow will be easier in theory. science just can't catch up to my fate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this to shall pass....observe, let go, breathe...come back to the moment, smile instead of frowning, give/live, know that there is an un-phased calm, a deep peace and well of happiness within you...silence will take you there oooommmmm...

Angela said...

Love you Shilo!!

Shannon Walsh said...

I love you!