7/19/2012

heeeellllloooooo out there

back in bloggo land! i imagine i'll be doing this less and less, it's just not as fun anymore....but for now i wanted to share some inspiration. reading temple grandin; listening to frank ocean and sleep; painting; drying herbs; laughing at the goats. life is pretty great. i still feel like something is missing, like i have for a while now. i just hope i'm headed in the right direction towards whatever that thing is. it's a spiritual journey i'm sure, like i'm missing my higher self or something. i just wish it was more of a fast motorcycle adventure in a foreign country type deal instead of this sad, confused shit. anyway, so i've been itching like crazy pretty close to every day. poison oak. i was convinced that i was immune to poison oak becuase i had never had an itch and could run around in it without a trace. i was close to starting a little business getting rid of it even. i thought a little native blood and goat milk in my kinder years was why i was so special but really, i wasn't special at all. i tested my little theory before puttin myself up for hire by not so carefully clearing a bunch around the house. i pruned it back, i dug it up, i tossed it around. how rude! well, almost immediately i had a reaction. itchy and feeling humbled. i did some research too and apparently, no one with any european blood is immune to poison oak and its only a matter of time until it starts to bother you. my time was up. what a dork! i'm just glad it really doesn't bother me that much and of course for the good lesson in humility. i'm still somewhat careless around it but much more respectful as far as trying to kill it. "don't fuck with me" is poison oak's message. i can dig that attitude. i've just made sure to buy a little extra vinegar is all.

3 comments:

Cisco said...

Glad to see you are back. I miss reading your entries, they are always so entertaining and interesting.

shilo said...

thanks mama! xo

Kate said...

Shiloh~~~

Please keep writing! I understand how blogging can lose its charm. I have been experiencing a dry spell myself lately...

I can relate 100% to your"something missing" feeling. Not sure if I should disclose this sad reality, but I can tell you from experience that even daily, fast motorcycle rides in faraway countries can leave one feeling like there is something more, much more, out there waiting to be discovered. So I think it may be less about location and more about... well... I don't know, something else! Haha.
<3 from Mombasa, where I still don't have work. blah. <3